Loctite® Epoxy Weld™ Bonding Compound is a two-part system consisting of an epoxy resin and a hardener. When mixed in equal volumes, the resin and hardener react to quickly produce a tough, rigid, high strength bond. Loctite® Epoxy Weld™ can be used as a convenient alternative to welding. It can be used as an adhesive for repairing, filling and rebuilding all metal and common surfaces. It cures to a metallic gray finish and can be easily sanded, drilled, machined or painted when fully cured. Loctite® Epoxy Weld™ does not shrink and is resistant to most shop fluids such as water, diesel fuel, gasoline, antifreeze, hydraulic fluid, motor oil and transmission fluids.
- High impact resistance
- Water Resistant
- Does not shrink
- Sets in 4 to 6 minutes
- High heat resistance
- Exceptional bond strength
Color when dry: Metallic Gray
- Won’t crack when drilled or machined
- Can be used outdoors
- One-time application
- Quick completion of project
- Can withstand temperatures up to 3500F (1770C) intermittently
- Good for applications requiring shear strength up to 3000 psi
- Repairing machinery, appliances, tools, lawnmowers, automotive components, pipes, and embedding bolts and screws into metal
- Bonding various types of metal such as iron, steel, aluminum, brass, bronze, copper and pewter
Not Recommended For
- Applications that require a continuous temperature greater than 300°F (149°C)
- Continuously wet areas or water immersion
- Polyethylene, polypropylene, Nylon™, Teflon™ or flexible materials
- AIMS SKU A0088471
- Brand Loctite
- Model Number 2040806-LOC
- Barcode Number 079340685789
- Type Epoxy Bond
"This is a great product to join metal without welding. Used this on a window mechanism that was broken & worked great so far."
"This epoxy is amazing it has almost no end to its use....."
- Grant Burford
"I'm really impressed at how quickly and well packaged the product that I purchased arrived. I bought Loctite epoxy weld for a minor car repair and it seems to be working well. AIMS know their stuff. Highly recommend. Thumbs up !"
- Miranda Nash
"cant fault it."