Loctite 518 cures when confined in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces. It is an anaerobic gasketing material designed for use on rigid iron, aluminum, and steel flanged mating surfaces. Fills gaps up to 0.25mm and forms a flexible, chemical-resistant seal that will not tear or decay. Parts disassemble easily, even after extended service. Typical applications include sealing close-fitting joints between rigid metal faces and flanges. It is also used as a formed-in-place gasket on rigid flanged connections, e.g. transmissions and engine housings.
NEW: Henkel has recently improved the product formulation of Loctite 518 providing:
- Higher strength on contaminated surfaces
- Better flexibility and improved adhesion
- Enhanced sealing capability
- Improved gap cure
- High performance on passive metals without an activator
- Semi-flexible, medium-strength anaerobic flange gasket
- For active and inactive rigid metal flanges
- Cures through minor surface contamination
- Adapts to flange surface irregularities and gaps up to 0.25 mm
- Gel-type consistency
- Seals instantly against low pressure
- Reduces inventory costs – no need for large inventory of cut gaskets
- Resists high pressure when fully cured
- No compression set or misaligned gaskets
- Easy to automate
- Reduces process costs – eliminates manual assembly of conventional gaskets
- NSF P1 Reg. No. 123758
- Temperature Resistance: 150°C
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other AIMS Industrial Supplies users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
500g Express Post Satchel - $11.87
500g Parcel Post Satchel - $9.35