Dy-Mark Flawcheck - Crack Detection System
- Dy-Mark Flawcheck is a four-part visible inspection process that conforms to ASME ASTM E165 and AS 2062 Type 2 Method C.
- Flawcheck is ideal for detecting cracks and flaws in metal castings that are not visible to naked eye.
- The flawcheck system is a method of non-destructive testing which will detect flaws on metal surfaces.
Features & Benefits
- Dye penetration visible inspection system detects cracks and flaws in metal and castings.
- 4-step system - Perclesn, Penetrant, Remover, and Developer.
- Fast, efficient and cost effective method.
- Conforms to AS2062 Type 2 Method C.
Consumer Safety Warning
- Step 1, (Preclean), contains Methylene Chloride which is suspected of causing cance.
- Use personal protective equipement as required.
- Use in a well-ventilated area.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
About Flawcheck 4-Step System
Step 1 - Preclean (Grey)
- It is essential to ensure that the part/area to be tested a clean, dry and free from all surfaces contamination (e.g. grease, oil, rust and paint).
- Surface contaminants can cover a flaw, inhibiting the entrance of the dye.
- Spray the area to be inspected and wipe throughly with cloth.
- Allow clean surface to dry.
Step 2 - Penetrant (Red)
- Spray penetranr dye over the area that is to be inspected.
- Allow penetrant to dwell for 10 minutes.
- Dwell time should be extended in extremly cold conditions.
Step 3 - Remover (Blue)
- Allow excess Penetrant to drain.
- Wipe over inspected surface with a dry cloth.
- Then spray remover on another cloth and wipe surface to remove excess penetrant.
- Allow surface to dry before Developer.
Step 4 - Developer (White)
- Spray a light coat of the Developer over the area to be inspected, avoiding a heavy film.
- Leave Developer to dry and inspect parts of flaws after 2 -3 minutes.
- If very fine flaws are suspected, the parts should re-inspected after 20 minutes.
- AIMS SKU A0000069
- Brand Dy-Mark
- Model Number 19013504
- Size (um) Step 4 Developer