Cold Galvanizing (ColdGal) Protection of Steel Zinc Rich
- Galmet® ColdGal is a zinc-rich coating (paint) that provides long term protection of steel.
- Galmet® ColdGal contains 98.5% pure zinc and over 92% metallic zinc in the dry film.
- When scratched, Galmet® ColdGal produces a self- healing mechanism which effectively reseals the scratched surface.
- Metallic zinc coatings are universally accepted as the best method of rust prevention.
- Galmet® ColdGal offers this protection combined with ease of preparation and application.
Galmet® ColdGal zinc-rich coating (paint) is suitable for:
- Touchup and repair of damaged hot-dip galvanizing.
- Protection of welds.
- Fabricated steel structures.
- Suitable for MRO industrial steel applications.
- 98.5% pure zinc with over 92% zinc in the dry film.
- Tough, flexible, and fast-drying with excellent adhesion.
- Galmet® ColdGal will re-liquidize upon contact with its self even after many years, providing optimum predictability.
- Available in easy to use aerosol
- AIMS SKU A0123792
- Brand Galmet
- Model Number GGCG250M
- Colour Grey
- Temperature Range up to 150° C
- Touch Dry Time (minutes) 20
- Hard Dry Time (hour) 24
- Size 250 ml
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness 50 – 75 micron
- Recoat After (hour) 8
- Type Cold Gal
- Pigment Microfine metallic zinc 92% in the dry film
- Classification Organic Zinc-Rich Primer